Friday 28 November 2008

Why a target of £3000 in sponsorship?

When asked this question by a Sponsor today, I told her that I estimated it on the basis of effort as a mile in the cold against a headwind up a mountain track had to be worth £10!

So 300 miles times £10 equals........ You got it, £3000.

My costs to get to Holyhead, any B&B's, food n drink, the investment in survival kit are yes, being paid by me.

It is not a holiday for me, yet there will be a buzz and a sense of achievement from doing it which the daily grind does not deliver. A problem or difficult situation will add spice to the challenge. A young me might have crossed the Sahara, escaped from a Libyan Secret Service cell, taken an old long wheel base down the spine of Sumatra a decade before Landrover launched such an expedition and the trans Sumatran highway came into being.... and much much more! But I am older and stiffer now so Lon Los Cymru in winter is a sensible challenge.

Alone is not ideal and there is just the chance that the Grinch will join me. Although, I suspect its mainly to be able to try an unusual chat-up line on the opposite sex: "Yes, green all over"!

Two days running doesn't make me a blogger, that title will be Father Christmas's from Boxing Day until the 2nd of January 2009. Is it as addictive as football and sex? See Georgina Best's blog using the links from this one, as it is an addictive read!

This was a practice blog by iphone enroute to Nottingham with MTB on the Cardiff to Nottingham train. Now in Beeston awaiting a late S.K's!?

Goodnight - it's time to follow Georgina's latest football blog.

Father Christmas (as of 26th December 08 to 1st January 09)

1 comment:

Georgina Best said...

Rockin' blog buddy.
Let me be the first to say.
Rector