Friday 2 January 2009

Exhaustion and Recovery

It is Friday and I wake up in my own bed. My recovery plan involves rest, naps, sleep and cup after cup of herbal tea. I manage to blog, then send Neil an email in understanding of his feelings our ride together had invoked. New Years Eve had been a good day to enjoy beauty and friendship.

I am determined not to cycle anywhere today. In accepting the Rector and Christina's invitation to enjoy good cooking and a warm hearth, a lift is immediately offered - as they already understand how I might feel.

Again I am with friends, they tell me of their own plans to undertake a long journey and busk everyday for charity, that my ride has helped inspire. Warmed in many ways by a lovely evening, I begin to think of another French Cycle Tour this coming June - perhaps with back-up crew.

Well?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well done you! Glad your Ok.
Make sure to take it nice easy

Unknown said...

oops signed in as my wife its me phil

Unknown said...

and Happy New Year!

robthomas2009 said...

well done dad photos look really good c u soon