Monday 8 December 2008

Accounting for all donations......

It is rather important that all donations be accounted for.

Those credit card donations made on http://www.justgiving.com/davidthomas10 provide an immediate visual receipt to each Sponsor under what ever name was used in the listing of donations made. I think everybody domiciled in UK has elected to provide there address on a confidential and private basis to allow the 25% GiftAid contribution to be added.

I have accepted only a limited amount of cash so far, these are from individuals in my workplace who insisted. These were a £20 donation and four £5 donations where the sponsor insisted on immediate settlement.

It remains my intention to arrange collection of workplace donations after pay day in January 09 and obtain addresses for the extra GiftAid.

These five donations are marked as paid on the Sponsor Forms. The £20 donation were added to a £20 donation being made by a spade bearded fast moving Gary, which he paid as £40 into the justgiving website under his christian name.

That leaves me holding £20 in donations. I have also to pay some £30 on behalf of Mr & Mrs Harris of Stonehouse Accessories.

Another special case is Amanda who before taking a B&B Booking from Father Christmas, visited my website and blog as detailed in the email I sent her, then kindly discounted her room rate by £10! I will in the New Year pay this money in under Amanda's name.

I will first need to complete sponsor forms with Amanda and also Mr & Mrs Harris.

Things could easily get messy - so each of the original sponsor forms will be firstly stamped, numbered and copied at Age Concern Gloucestershire before monies are collected. This will allow the sponsors donations to be tracked and audited if so required. Collection should only be made using a stamped and dated form

Remember all monies received by Age Concern are shared with The Prostate Cancer Charity.

No comments: