Saturday 27 December 2008

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwryndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch

The Fish-n-Chip shop across the road from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwryndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch Station needs to change its cooking oil, so some motorist can fuel his car - as its no use for anything else..... I suppose the locals have now got used to the strangely awful taste, its possible as I have seen people drink lager!? Yes, honest!

On arrival at Holyhead Station I started to load the panniers to bike, then from behind came a firm "Hello" from about three foot off the ground. To my great surprise, standing there was Bethan looking very lovely and smart in matching woolen hat and coat - you know, Daffy's daughter MiniMe. And there, hiding behind a huge lens further on up the platform is 'The Ponty Paparazzi' herself! "#*#*# it's Daffy" or some such words must have went through my mind, which translated to "What a Lovely Amazing Brilliant Surprise!"

So for the first five miles of my ride that very lens is poked out in my direction as Steve takes direction. Some pictures are being emailed to me now.

The ride was up-&-down. pedaled into an Easterly on tiny lanes, tracks, the Menai Bridge and cycle paths. With a low bright Sun, blue sky easing into an amazing red Sunset. It was some 37 miles, during all of which time I was buoyed-up from seeing Daffy n Family.

Riding East or South East, Snowdonia slowly raised-up into the blue, to dominate the sky across the Menai Straights.

I had scrapped my felt Father Christmas Outfit - which would have been replaced by five hours of needlework on the train, had I not had a wine-tasting evening with Neil and Helen in Cardiff. I was wearing the red Ermin edged bed hat though, as you will see -----

No comments: