Monday 1 December 2008

The Father Christmas Look !?

I have taken the decision not to get the monthly haircut and also to grow a beard - never having had one, I don't know what might be achieved in a month?

Doing this cold windy ride with a false beard would add a choking or blinding hazard! A month long growth should keep me warmer, is unlikely to be long and get caught in my flies. My greatest concern is that my hair and beard will not be an obligatory Father Christmas white, so should I have it coloured or bleached just before Christmas? What do you think...........?

The Father Christmas garb was fine last year at G-String's, when I hammed it up for the progeny of friends from the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and CardiffH3, it also looks good in the above photo. Yet, it would not last a day on the bike or survive the Santa Dash in Swindon this coming weekend!

I so miss our sadly departed A.E. and the invisible mending & tailoring skills she commanded.... So I am left searching for some red trousers or long shorts to Santa'ise, having sourced boots, red coat and white 'ermin' trim!

HELP! - would be so gratefully received and my skills bartered in exchange.
--
Father Christmas cycles Lon Las Cymru
http://www.justgiving.com/davidthomas10

1 comment:

Georgina Best said...

I think a drop or two of white dye in that beard is an absolute must!