Wednesday 3 December 2008

So much to do, I visit Gloucester......

I woke before the alarm and had a wake-up sleepy head bath. My mind prepared a to-do-list of sorts for the morning and the first was to relax further by finishing a novel.

This coming Saturday, Dawn of thecranks is leading us on a ride up and down the Wye Valley on trails she has reccied. So I saw about ordering a set of Juicy Five disc brake pads for my Gary Fisher 29er hard-tail.

Next, I went to Gloucester. Here I collected a basic light-weight Bivi Bag I had ordered, it is a thin waterproof bag that I will sleep in fully dressed in my warmest and driest: padded ski trousers, several mountain tops over Polartec long johns and vest, plus gloves, hat, hoods and socks.... the sheet of the strung-up Basha forming a windbreak and cover above me.

No red garment was found to make a long lasting pair of Father Christmas trousers.

At the Rail Station I bought an advance single ticket from Cardiff to Holyhead, made a seat reservation and got a bike pass, all for £15.00 - RESULT!

Celebrate...... Spencers Deli in Westgate Street is one of a kind. Yes, it deals in meats and cheeses, Italian and Polish Cuisine, plus fresh snacks cooked by Mama - a Chef of some genius! I have an educated pallate from travel, living and working overseas, I cook for friends, parties and events. I know when food is fresh, good and different! So I purchased her thick pancake stuffed with ricotta cheese 80p, the breaded pastry cased glorious mushroom mixture 50p and a large veggie pasty 140p. I breakfasted and lunched.

Then back home and soon off to work we go!

2 comments:

Georgina Best said...

My mouth is watering as I think about it! Will definately pay a visit one lunchtime

pitzey said...

hi david......interesting blog.... thought i would leave a comment .... get well soon the grinch.... life is for living not wasting