Sunday 14 December 2008

Saddled this Christmas & New Year

I find writing relaxing, believe it therapeutic and rewarding. So seeing a need to communicate with sponsors and supporters during my Father Christmas solo-bike ride this Christmas and New Year, I started my first Blog and am suddenly a Blogger publishing my thoughts to the world – that is the few who find it or learn the address:-

http://fatherchristmascycleslonlascymru.blogspot.com

Through words and pictures this Blog will promote and report on my Solo Charity Bike Ride, allowing anyone and everyone to follow my progress and use 'COMMENT' after a daily posting to join in and cheer me on if they wish.


It is written also as a personal record with the ride as the major theme, with my 'certificate 15' doings, Cycle Chic and thoughts on staying Cycling Fit also being concurrent subject matter.


Work mates have stopped me to chat about the health benefits of being Cycling Fit, one swapped for a comfy saddle and two guys have sought advice on refurbishing bikes and making Cycling Fit their New Year Resolution.

Some told me they greatly regret not getting on their bikes this year and fear the consequences are catching them up. More have talked about it being too-far-to-bike-to-work, the difficulty shift work poses or the pressure of work and family life. Yet, these are all reasons to commit to getting Cycling Fit, when these can't-do-it's suddenly lose a lot of there power!

Exercise albeit cycling, swimming, judo, climbing, badminton, gym etc. all deliver different fitness levels. But you can't always do some as easily and by doing it get where you want to go! For most, your single person car journey and 40 to 60 minutes in the gym add up to a lot more in time and money than cycling that same journey!

So is walking possible? "Too far...."   Could you run it? "Maybe not..."

Can you cycle it? "Yes, and if a little fitter a lot further a lot faster!"

Thank you to the kind few who have helped find more Sponsors - Thank you Jo, Rob & Toni. Also thanks to Brian & Dave for offering to keep in daily contact, monitor my progress and provide emergency support if needed! Thank you Tony for the Santa photograph session. Thank you Kevin for giving consideration to sponsoring a Cycling Fit ride.


Thank you Sponsors and all those who have also given it consideration.

My total mileage will be greater than 300 miles, anybody care to guess it?

You will need to read two of my postings to get close





No comments: